Laser Cutter Build Night: It's a Fixer-Upper...

So my grand plans of spending this coming Saturday laser cutting amazingly complex and smooth curves, swirls, text, and other shapes isn't exactly going to work out.  The code I modified works, but it is a real fixer-upper.  At first, after a few edits of syntax errors, it did technically move the stepper motors... I would have been dead and gone by the time it actually finished.  I had to place a finger on the motor rotor to feel if it was spinning or not.  It was simply too slow to even notice with the human eye.

After a bit more modification, I "successfully" cut some ovals into some paper using Inkscape and a laser engraving extension to generate gcode.  The Python I modified did make ovals, they just didn't close off and looked more or less scribbled by a toddler.  In addition, the extremes I had to go to to make it work made the movement extremely jittery, although not by the stepper's fault.  I would have taken pictures but it is 11:14 PM and I'd better be off to bed sometime soon.

I will be working to try to salvage this code and if it doesn't work I suppose I will have to think something up.  This is going to get interesting...